Thursday, April 19, 2012

First OB Visit

We had our first OB appointment on Tuesday (4/17). I was really nervous for a very silly reason. I was a little bit convinced that we were going to get there and someone was going to tell me that I was crazy and that I certainly wasn't pregnant. Quite the contrary. First thing when we were taken back they did an ultrasound and there the little raspberry was:


Heart rate of 160. 8 weeks old. I was honestly quite shocked. It found it a little funny, but the ultrasound tech (who was so sweet) didn't do a whole lot of explaining before she went for it. I sat down on the table and within what felt like seconds she said "and there's your baby!" It was a beautiful moment.

There wasn't a whole lot else to that appointment (except for a prescription for some Zofran and some other tips on helping with the constant nausea!). The next appointment that we have in a month is a big one with lots more tests. I still find this so hard to believe (and of course so exciting)!

No comments:

Post a Comment