Sunday, September 22, 2013

10 Months: A day in the life of Gabriel


 Since we didn't go to the doctor this month, Gabriel has requested to use this month's post to share some pictures and give you a glimpse into his average day.

Before we get into my average day, one side note to share.  Mommy and I took a little roadtrip to Atlanta for a couple of days to celebrate some birthdays.  We had a great, but tiring, time! I was really chill for most of the drive though.  Mommy kept a box of toys in the front seat and kept handing them back to me when I got bored.  The only problem is that Mom was taking way too long getting us there.  I wanted to drive!

And now, moving on to  a more normal day. . .

Come along my friends and I'll show you what I do day in and day out.  If you follow too closely we may get stuck under some furniture but don't worry, if we cry loud enough one of the parents will get us out
I wake up every morning sometime between 6:45 and 7:00.  Mommy usually doesn't get me out of my crib until around 7 though.  I don't mind.  I just talk to myself and play with my crib toys.  She feeds me, we read books and play, and then we eat some breakfast together.

This is not what I eat for breakfast, but we don't have any shots of eating breakfast food.  I LOVE to eat.  I could do it all day long.  Especially if it's bread or cheese.  I'm pretty good about eating my vegetables and things too, but all I really want is CHEESE

My nickname, if you'd like to know, is "Alfredo Fingers"

After breakfast we play some more and then I usually watch a little Baby Einstein while Mommy cleans the kitchen up.  This last week I had a cold, which was no fun at all.  It was the first time I've really felt bad.  I had a little fever, a runny nose, and was coughing.  So that I wouldn't use all of my energy crawling all over the place Mommy made a play area on the floor.  We read lots of books in my tent.

Daddy is not a fan of the Care Bear blanket

One of us is a little too big for my tent.  I should crawl out and give him some more room to play
After my video I usually take a nap for about an hour.  Then Mommy feeds me again.  Usually we try to go out somewhere too.  I will post a few pictures of that.  Sometimes it's super fun things and other times she makes me go to boring stores.  Then we eat lunch and play and I take another little nap.

Mommy wasn't paying attention for a few minutes, so I thought I'd be helpful and remove this thing sticking out of the wall.  It was in my way.  When Mommy found me trying to eat it she called it a "door stop"

Going outside is pretty cool, except Mommy and Daddy wont' let me eat leaves and grass.  They look tasty

I like going to the park.  Swings and trucks are fun!

I really liked going on a picnic.  The weather is perfect right now for being outside

One day it was a little cooler and Mommy tried to put this hat on me before we took a walk

I was not a fan and tried to take it off.  I'm still not sure how that thing works
After my nap in the afternoon Mommy feeds me again and then I do some playing until we all have dinner.  My favorite things to play right now: crawling and rolling everywhere!, taking apart decks of cards, pulling poker chips out of the case, crawling after Loki (she's so fast!), flipping through my books, chewing on and shaking random toys, pulling DVDs off of the shelves

Sometimes I have to take a little time out to do some e-trading and return emails

Be back with you in a minute.  I'm focused
Sometime around 7 Mommy feeds me again and I take a bath.  Those are pretty fun.  Then we read and sing and I go to bed.  I sleep straight until I wake up the next morning.  Then we start the fun all over again!

This is during my nap.  My feet were cold because Mommy didn't have any socks on me.
And that's about it!  Other major accomplishment is that I can now go from sitting to crawling without smacking my face into the carpet, and as of yesterday I can sit myself up from a crawling position!  Hooray!

And on a totally separate and random note, I'd like to end this post by saying "Go Braves!" Way to clinch the NL East!

No comments:

Post a Comment