When I looked back at the 10 month update I was surprised at how much can change in a month. He is now crawling in the "standard" position (he no longer does his "army crawl"), is pulling up on everything with no problem, and he stands with just one hand holding on to things and is really steady. In fact, he mostly only likes to play if it involves standing. Only occasionally does he want to sit and do things.
 |
| He loves his learning table from the consignment store |
A lot of mornings now when he wakes up and we go to get him up he's standing in his crib. I need to get a picture of him, but that is just the cutest way to be greeted when you walk into his room (until he figures out how to climb out of the crib. I'm not really sure what to do when that happens. . .).
 |
| Hanging in the church nursery rocking a hat he borrowed from one of the girls helping out |
We took another trip to Atlanta this last week for his beautiful aunt's baby shower. It took us a long time to get there (a little over 10 hours). A couple days after we got there he got a fever and was so fussy. He'd been a little "off", but I figured that he was teething and a little confused from traveling. Anyway, I took him to our old pediatrician's office and turns out he had an ear infection. Poor kid. It probably came from the runny nose and all of the drool due to the teeth he's getting. We had a fun trip, but it certainly was exhausting (oh, and he was 19 1/2 pounds at the visit)
 |
| Chilling in the car and chewing on a key |
Speaking of teeth, I'm not sure how many he's actually getting. His first one actually broke the skin last night while we were at our Bible study group (it's on the bottom left). He was chewing on my finger a lot while we were there and then all the sudden I felt it. His top two front teeth are also bulging out. I guess he waited a while to get them and now he wants to see how many he can get at once.
 |
| Standing, playing, and listening to some Pandora radio |
That's all that I can think of to say for now except a couple little random things. I love that when I feed him in the morning he wants to hold my hand and rub his hair. I love it when you give him a bath he wants to suck the water out of the washcloth over and over (I try not to let him do that once there's soap in the water). I love it that when you take him out of the bath and wrap him up in a towel he almost always smiles like crazy when he sees himself in the mirror. I know those are totally unconnected things but I just always smile at them :)
 |
| Being a cool kid. Onesie hanging out. |
And now just some more random pictures. . .
 |
| I put this hat on him at Cracker Barrel and he actually didn't pull it off. His Grandma proceeded to buy it for him. While I'm not sure if he loves it, he at least doesn't pull it off like every other hat. It has gotten a little cold here so he wore it out for the first time last night. |
 |
| Our little mountain man |
 |
| Taking a driving break (sorry my finger is in the way a little) |
 |
| Playing at the park with Dad. It's sadly already getting a little cold for the park. I was really enjoying taking him there. We're going to need to find some indoor things to do. |
 |
| Who doesn't love pasta? |
 |
| If I eat the skin off he loves to finish a pear for me |
 |
| He took a while figuring out how to use a sippy cup, but I had some water with him in the car while we were on our trip and one day he just decided that he was ready to use it all by himself. Such a big boy sitting in the car eating his Cheerios and drinking his water! |
No comments:
Post a Comment