Thursday, May 5, 2016

Corban's Baptism

Corban was baptized this past Sunday, May 1st.  Gabriel was actually baptized in May of 2013 and if you'd like to read more about that and what we believe about baptism you can read what Taylor wrote about it here.

One thing that was different with Corban is that he was able to be baptized by his daddy.  Taylor wasn't ordained at the time of Gabriel's baptism.  It was a very special thing, but that did mean that I wasn't able to keep squirmy Gabriel still while Daddy was talking so he ended up going back to sit with family.  

Corban also wasn't feeling the best.  He had some kind of GI bug that started on Saturday.  There was no more vomiting on Sunday but his tummy just wasn't right.  He was a trooper.  Here are some pictures of the day:









While looking back at Gabriel's baptism post I was reminded again of something that keeps occurring to me the last couple weeks.  Corban is now the age that Gabriel was when we moved to Virginia.  That seems so crazy to me.  He's changed so much and it's all happened here.  Some days I feel like we haven't lived here very long and then I look here at this older blog post and I'm reminded of how much he's changed and experienced since we moved.  It's fun to see how similar the boys are when you compare pictures.  And now just a couple more "firsts":

First time taking a walk in the big stroller.  He loved looking around.

Gabriel thought Corban riding on this was more fun than Corban did.

First time sitting in a shopping cart.  Don't let the smile fool you.  He was not amused.
He wanted to be back in the Ergo where it's secure.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I remember now when I first met you guys. You guys have really changed my life, and I want to thank you for that. Looking forward to babysitting tonight!

    ReplyDelete