Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Corban is Two!


How is this spunky, silly, chatty, wild haired, running, sleep sack dragging boy two?  I think, as of yesterday, that his new favorite song is "Happy Birthday!"  He sang it to a stuffed tiger earlier today.



Things that Corban likes: Little Einsteins, talking (and then talking some more), being Superman, shaking his head around, running laps around the house, reading, playing "slumber party" on the extra bed in his room, pretending to go to sleep and snoring, Mickey Mouse, playing with Gabriel's Legos, dinosaurs, "roaring", Romp 'n Roll, eating (ham, cheese, peppers, green beans, muffins), jumping (and trying to jump off of things while stating "I fly!"), singing Old McDonald, having a seat at the table with the family and ditching the high chair, swimming and swim lessons, playing in his water table, swinging at the park (but recently NOT sliding.  No more of that.  And the Chick-fil-a play place is terrifying), looking at pictures of animals and bugs, Pixar stuff, going into the church service and singing songs, The Children's Museum, watching TV on Mommy and Daddy's bed, reminding everyone to pray before meals ("we not pray yet!"), string bean chicken from Panda Express, calling people with Facetime, and doughnuts with sprinkles.

We have only gone twice, but every time we
drive near Carol Lee now he asks for a doughnut
And why would anyone eat this bottom part?
There's no frosting.

Big table (still in need of some decorating and painting)
Things that Corban likes to say:
"Don't go Mommy! Come back!"
"I pray!  Jesus.  Amen"
"Thank you! You welcome!"
"Me too!"
"Come back Gabriel!"
"That funny!" (giggle giggle)

The church nursery is fun

Loves a good hat.  And on a separate note he keeps asking when he can get
another haircut.  He really does need one, but I think he's asking more for the
lollipop that he got afterwards last time.  "I get a haircut!  Eat a lollipop!"

Corban, like Gabriel, thinks that he is a member of the church youth group.  He talks about many of them often and they are usually his picks for who we should pray for before bed.  We sometimes have high school youth group at our house and they are all still there when he goes to bed.  Usually when it's time for him to go to sleep he goes around the room and gives most of them a kiss and a hug to tell them goodnight.  A couple of the guys seem a little bit intimidated by the affection from a toddler.  This past youth group there was a new guy attending.  As he went around the room he stopped and looked confused when he got to him and then said "what's that?"


I, of course, did not take as many pictures as I intended to Corban on his birthday.  Here are a few though:

Cheeseburger, watermelon, peppers, pickles, and chips.
Yum.  He was bargaining the whole time though.
"I eat the peppers.  Then a cupcake." "I eat the pickles.  Then a cupcake." 

"Need another cupcake!"
Little Einstein stickers!

Pat Pat Rocket with his Little Einstein friends

Watching the Little Einstein "Birthday Balloons" episode (his favorite) in his new sleeping bag.
He loves the song in the episode "I love balloons!  I love, I love balloons!" and sings in often.
We blew up a bunch of balloons on his birthday and he enjoyed kicked and throwing them around the room.

Gabriel and Corban sure do like each other, and they get along and like to play for the most part. Corban got up one morning and Gabriel was not home.  He was sadly walking around the house asking "Where Gabriel?  Where Gabriel?"  They do get too excited and "wrestle" in ways that result in one of them getting hurt and they, of course, have times when they really don't want to share something.  I'm actually surprised though at the number of times that Corban wants something and Gabriel just gives it to him.

Reading before bed with the one and only Ms Jessica

Giant inflatables are awesome

Children's Museum fun
Gabriel doesn't really like to swing but pushing Corban is fun for everyone
For a few nights Corban's favorite movie (A Bugs Life) was giving him nightmares.  He was having bad dreams about grasshoppers being in his room.  He was pointing at the extra bed in his room and saying "Grasshopper in bed!  Grasshopper hurt me! Slim bite me!"

Hard at work.  He actually build that all himself and was pretty mad when it fell over

A couple weeks ago Taylor went out to mow the lawn after the boys went to bed.  As Taylor mowed the grass in front of Corban's room I started to hear him talking through the monitor

"Hi Daddy!" as the lawn mower moved closer to Corban's side of the house. 
"Daddy, come back!" as the lawn mower moved away towards the driveway.  

This repeated itself multiple times as Taylor moved back and forth across the lawn.  I finally went into Corban's room and found him on his tip toes peeking out of his curtains.  "Daddy cut the grass! He go under tree.  Out of tree.  Daddy daddy!"  It was so cute.

When I told Corban that he was going to be sleeping in my room one night because we had company.
I should be emphasized that he had his own bed.  Before I knew what he was doing he had gotten
into our bed, under the covers, and was so excited..

That is all that I can think of for Corban at the moment.  And he also just woke up from his nap.  I'm sure there are typing errors and spacing is weird, but at least the pictures and thoughts are out there. I will try to post about Gabriel again soon, as he goes back to preschool next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment