Sunday, February 24, 2013

3 Months

Gabriel is 3 months old today!  He still doesn't like having his picture taken.  He'll be smiling and cooing like crazy, but the minute you put a camera in front of him he becomes so serious.  We've managed to get a few smiles caught on camera though. . .

Stop pointing that camera at me!

One of his favorite things is sitting propped up and being able to look around.
A whole new perspective on the world!

As far as sleep goes, he's been going to bed between 7 and 8 pm and then getting up for the day sometime between 7 and 8 am (with some feedings in between.  We always get him up and feed him before we go to bed between 10 and 11 pm). While I bragged for a while that Gabriel was such a good sleeper, something changed in him after his little growth spurt a few weeks ago.  In other words, he decided that sleeping until 5 or 6 in the morning is just no fun.  Waking up around 1-2 or again around 4-5 is just too exciting to pass up.  Last night he only woke up a little after 3, but that was the first night in a while that he did that.  Hopefully that was the start of a new phase of better sleeping again.  He's also so much better about going down for naps (although he sometimes still wants to be swaddled up for those).

So peaceful
In other news, I went back to work this week.  I'm working nights for the time being.  While it was a rough week for me and very hard to leave, Gabriel got to spend some fun evening time with Dad (and poor Taylor had to start feeding him at night for the 3 nights that I'm gone).  He actually did much better with taking a bottle in the middle of the night than I thought he would. 

Gabriel was kind enough to help me fold laundry by keeping track
of the socks until I found the second one in the pair

He thought that tasting a few of them would be fun too

And then he realized that his friend the thumb was way more interesting.  His favorite
hobbies now include putting his hands and fingers in his mouth and staring at people.
So easy to please :)

Again spending time with his friend, the hand

There was no pediatrician visit this month (and thankfully he hasn't been sick), but we know that he's busy growing, growing, growing.  He's wearing 3 month clothes and size 2 diapers.  I can't believe how big he's getting.  Happy 3 Month Birthday Gabriel!

It's hard to resist kissing those cheeks

No comments:

Post a Comment