Ok, here we go again! I had my 15 month appointment at the doctor today so that means it's time for another post. Come with me and I'll take you for a ride. . .
![]() |
| We'll get going as soon as I start this thing. Mom, can I have some more quarters? |
The doctor today said that I made "a leap" on my growth curve. Apparently gaining 3 pounds in 3 months really impressed her (moving me from the 9th to the 24th percentile). I was 22 pounds, 15 ounces, was 31 inches tall (41st percentile), and my head was 19 inches (77th percentile). Hooray! Besides that good news they also made me take off my clothes again and then get a couple shots. Those people are just plain mean. I don't think we should visit them anymore, but I think Daddy and Mommy might keep dragging me there. At least they gave me a free book about frogs. Still didn't make it worth it if you ask me. . .
I've been sick a couple times over the last few months. Nothing too major though. I did have a pretty high fever and do nothing but sleep for about a day, but after that I felt fine. Luckily Grandma was here then and liked holding me. I'm also in the process of cutting 2 more teeth on the bottom (which will give me a grand total of 8). It's no fun. I keep bringing Mommy my Tylenol but she only gives it to me every so often. I just LOVE that stuff. It tastes so good. I'm also pretty accident prone. I'm just in such a hurry to get everywhere. I'm afraid I might miss something! I bonk my head a lot and get bruises. Oh well.
I'm also starting to learn how to do artsy stuff. Sometime I finger paint, or throw crayons on the floor, or put stickers on Mommy's face. I really love it when I can get the top off of Mommy's stuff she puts around her eyes and draw cool things on my face. I think I do it better than she does.
At the doctor today she said that kids my age usually have about 6 words. I'm not sure how many I have. I'm saying things pretty much constantly but Dad and Mom don't seem to understand much of it. They need more practice. Almost every animal I see is a "dog" or occasionally a "cat." I really love to read "books" (especially Dr. Seuss and SkippyJon Jones). I repeat random things Dad and Mom say in an attempt to make them excited (the other day I repeated "bug" and "cow" and Mom for some reason thought that was awesome). I am started to understand a lot more of what they're saying though. I guess I need to learn their language if I ever hope to let them know what I want. I know what it means when when they say that have milk for me, or I know that when they say "nap" they're about to put me in my crib. Most importantly though, I know that when they say "snack" or "breakfast" or "lunch" or "dinner" that it's time to chow down!!! Now I shall share some pictures of me eating. . .
![]() |
| I LOVE GRAPES! I like to just keep stuffing them in until my cheeks are full. Then I can save them for later |
![]() |
| I still like vegetables ok, but not as much as I used to. I'd rather eat fruit or dairy (yogurt, cheese, oranges, pears, or GRAPES preferably. Did I mention that I like grapes?) |
![]() |
| Daddy decided that I should have a doughnut after my shots today. Man was it good stuff. I've never had one of those all to myself before. |
And for our final shot, here is me sitting on my friend the cow. Some really nice people at church gave this to me because their kids don't want to sit on him anymore. I'm a cowboy! Later taters!











No comments:
Post a Comment