Thursday, April 3, 2014

Random Stuff

Gabriel is having a fussy day/week .  His mommy has a headache.  And since he is finally taking a nap I thought a little post was in order.  I don't know what to do about his sleep situation.  He still naps in the  morning and in the afternoon.  I guess I figured that when he was ready to "drop" one of these naps that it would be the morning one. I figured he'd just start staying up until closer to lunch and then eventually he'd just need a nap in the afternoon.  For the last week he is taking a really long time to fall asleep for his afternoon nap and then he's not falling asleep for the night until much too late.  So, it would seem that the logical conclusion would be that he's getting too much sleep during the day, BUT he just can't stay up in the morning.  I was in the car with him at 10:15 yesterday and out he went.  I tried to keep him up this morning and it was torture for both of us by 10:45.  If he only were to nap in the morning though he would need to go to bed super early.  I just hate it that it's taking him so long to fall asleep for his afternoon nap, but I can't wait and have him nap at 5 pm, nor do I want to put him to bed for the night at that time.  Ugh.  I don't know what to do.

 

On a happier note, it's getting warmer and that means we can go to the park or walk around outside more.  Hooray for slides, swings, and tromping in the grass!  Gabriel discovered rocks yesterday morning and kept trying to feed them to me.  Yummy.

Chillin' in a chair at the library
Gabriel has been sick twice in the last 2 weeks.  The first time it was some kind of viral thing that lasted most of the week.  I don't like taking him to the doctor (for one thing it's money, and mostly I know that most things are viral and therefore just need to run their course).  But, after a fever for 3 days something just didn't seem right.  The doctor said his throat looked like he could have strep.  They swabbed it (poor guy) and it was negative.  It finally got better at the end of the week.  He did loose 2 pounds in the process though. Then last weekend he got a fever again and had some GI issues.  I'm not sure if it's that he's getting more teeth or what but he still seems uncomfortable and incredibly whiny.


And if that wasn't enough yesterday morning he smacked his face on something at the park.  He barely cried and got right up and started playing, but by the time we were headed home he had a nice black eye show up.  I guess if I'd been sick, was getting teeth, and kept bonking my head I might not be in the best mood either.

 

We did have some visitors last weekend and Gabriel always likes to have some new playmates.  Here he is with his slightly older twin at Cracker Barrel.

And since I don't have a lot of pictures to post, here are some pictures of Gabriel's "Favorite Things" as of today. . .

Stickers and markers.  I was surprised how quickly he latched onto putting stickers on paper.  Thankfully I have lots of those leftover from years ago when I worked at the scrapbook store.

Books, books, books

Puzzles.  Especially these 2 animal ones.  When you hold up the chicken
piece he makes a "bawk bawk" noise at it.  So cute. 
               
DVDs.  But still not just for watching.  He "reads" the back of the cases, he "reads" the little books inside the front cover, he takes the paper out of the jacket.  So many fun projects.  Every once in a while though I ask him if he wants to watch a video.  He always gets one of the above (thanks Aunt Tiffany!).  And while we may only watch 15 minutes before I turn it off, it's a welcome change from Baby Einstein (although he still really likes the animal videos, especially since he can name some of the animals too).

And while he's saying many things now, the most recent funny thing is that he has come to think that "Up" = "Please".  He was wanting to get on the couch a lot the last week and whenever he did we said "Up, please." Now when he needs something he says "Up!" It's really cute.  He wanted more milk yesterday and he brought me his cup and said "Up!"  Funny kid :)

Who could be cooler than this guy?
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment