Friday, June 13, 2014

Mother's Day

Yes, I am aware that it's two days before Father's Day.  I've gotten a little behind.  So, I'm going to do a few posts (we'll see how far I get tonight) and get things semi caught up.  But, we've had a lot going on in the last month.  We bought a house!  So exciting but also so much to do.  Maybe I'll post some pictures at some point (once we're a little bit more unpacked).

For Mother's Day I got treated like a queen!  I got to "sleep in" two times that week.  The first time I still woke up at 6:30, but I dozed and stayed in bed until after 8.  It was amazing.  Then the actual day of Mother's Day there was a little sleeping in, but not too much since we needed to have time for breakfast before church.  This is how I was greeted when I came downstairs:

I had no idea that Gabriel was so creative and artistic!

For those that don't know, the smell of cinnamon makes Taylor physically sick.  You can imagine my surprise when I realized that Gabriel had convinced Taylor to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  At first I thought he had a nosebleed. . .

Taylor is going to be less than thrilled that I took and posted this picture!

We had quite a feast.  Cinnamon rolls and turkey bacon.  Yuuuuummmmmm.  I mean, eggs are good too, but cinnamon rolls and turkey bacon are never served around our place (especially since a certain someone who shall remain nameless things that turkey bacon is an impostor on real bacon)

On a separate note, don't feed a toddler cinnamon rolls before going to church.  It's not a nice thing to do to the nursery workers.  Needless to say Gabriel thought they were awesome. 

I loved my card and the magnets that Gabriel made! 



This wasn't actually done on Mother's Day, but it was on our porch door before we moved and I had to take a picture.  I felt sad cleaning it off.

And this wasn't taken on Mother's Day either, but I felt that every post needs a picture of Mr. Gabriel.  He made his mommy feel very loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment