Time for an update in pictures. I wish that I had more energy to write more, but oh well. I feel that I have many thoughts about the state of life with a toddler, so maybe one day I'll type it up. But let's be honest, that might not happen ;)
Summer has brought with it many chances to get outside and do fun things. Our typical weekly activities include the pool, the park, story time at the library, class at Romp and Roll and playing the the yard. It has been nice to explore some other things too though like the duck pond, the fair, the zoo, and berry picking. While I'm not going to write a whole lot, for my own memories sake I have to note that Gabriel loves BEANS (green and edamame). The other night he had the choice between a bite of a brownie and a cup of beans and he chose the beans. He also loves "Old McDonald" and "BINGO", books, his bed, making a pretend "shocked" face, Loki, putting the groceries on the conveyor belt, and of course anything Toy Story. He's a funny guy.
 |
| Here he is with one of Mommy's headbands. I call this photo "I want to be in a 80's workout video." Move over Jane Fonda. |
 |
| Play Doh is fun |
 |
| And so is feeding Rice Krispies to a stuffed dog |
 |
| He loves to play in the kiddie pool. And by "play" I mean throw Sulley, Mike, Woody, and Buzz into the pool, climb in and throw them out, then climb out and throw them in. The process continues until he decides that it's time to climb on the patio furniture. |
 |
| Gabriel loves his Daddy. |
 |
| He also loves berries |
 |
| Gabriel loved having his cousin for a visit. He still occasionally wanders around the house saying her name and looking for her. If only she lived closer. . . |
 |
| Feeding the ducks. While we have gone a couple times I sadly have no good pictures. To note, however, Gabriel would much rather feed the very large squirrels than the ducks. And when he does feed the ducks he prefers the say "Hey duck!" and then throw a whole piece of bread and watch them all fight over it. |
 |
| Gabriel started doing a couple things while his cousin was here. The first was really getting into giving a "hug" and a "kiss." He smothered that girl in kisses. He also kisses his toys and random furniture. The new habit that I'm not so fond of is his wanting to suck his thumb all the time. He's always sucked it when falling asleep, which has never really bothered me. Honestly, if he'd always had this habit during the day it wouldn't bother me so much, but it's too late now to start this habit if you ask me. We're trying to discourage him from doing it, but what do you do when multiple times every hour he flops down and sticks in it his mouth? Not sure what the outcome of this will be. |
 |
| Building tall towers |
 |
| I found this little Toy Story bag at a consignment store. He loves having his own bag with pictures of his friends on it. And while part of me is loving not having the diaper bag anymore, another part of me isn't ready to have a child with a backpack. |
 |
| Another shot of the "pack pack." Apparently when he was just with Taylor the other day he was showing random people his "bag." |
 |
| We saw lots of new things at the zoo! And rode a train! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Daddy! |
 |
| The local fair had a petting zoo and Gabriel liked seeing the animals and feeding them carrots. |
 |
| Big boy on the swings. I thought he would get scared but he seemed to enjoy it And when we rode the ferris wheel every time it was going down he said "Whheeeee." So cute. Getting way too big. |
No comments:
Post a Comment