Friday, August 29, 2014

Oh the silly things he says

I don't have anything too specific to share, but I was thinking today about all of the cute and random things that Gabriel says and I don't want to forget them.  Also, sorry that none of these pictures are "still" shots.  We don't spend too much time being still around here. . .


When Gabriel wants to run he can't simply do it.  He yells "Run Run!" as he darts through the kitchen (or through a bunch of ducks as he did this morning)

Often when we're leaving the house to go somewhere Gabriel says "Let's go! Come on!" in a really excited voice and runs for the door.


For some reason Gabriel thinks that saying something is "funny" is the same as saying "I like it."  Therefore, as of this morning, the following things are funny:
"Mommy funny"
"Duckie pond funny"
"Rabbit funny"
"Jesse funny" (Toy Story)
"Shorts funny" (Pixar short videos)
"Kelsey so funny" (his babysitter from last night.  I'm not sure what 
she did to earn the "so" part but I'm glad that he had fun)

This bed is in a local toy store.  If anyone would like to build
him one please do.  He was a big fan :)

Other random things that Gabriel likes to talk about:

"Romp and ROLL" - which he suddenly wants to go to every day

"Hannah Kate" - he may be just slightly obsessed with his cousin.  He would Facetime with her every day if he could.  He pretends to call her often.

"Nursery" at church - I think that it's so cute that when we're going to church he talks about the nursery and names people that he knows that he'll see there.

"Kroger" and getting "groceries" - I told him on Wednesday and we were going to stop at Kroger and get some groceries and then we'd go to class at Romp and Roll.  He kept repeating "Stop at Kroger.  Groceries.  Sticker.  Romp and Roll class."  He had the whole thing all pieced together in his head

Playing at the Children's Museum.  He got
very upset when we had to take the hat off

 One of the cutest things that he started doing the other day is praying.  We were sitting outside yesterday and he randomly folded his hands, bowed his head and said "Corn. Beans. Amen" (the boy still loves his vegetables).  He's done that some other random times too although I'm not always entirely sure what he's praying about.  I'm pretty sure that it usually involves food or eating.



 On another note related to talking, I still can't understand more than half of what he's talking about, and sometimes that really breaks my heart.  Sometimes whatever he has to say seems so important to him and you can tell that he just really wants to make me understand and I just don't get it.  Equally frustrating for him is when he communicates clearly and can't have whatever it is that he wants ("You understood what I asked, so why can't I have a cookie!?!").  As much as I want to understand him and be able to have actual conversations I'm really going to miss the rambling and babbling though.  Everything is so exciting that it's hard for his mouth the keep up with his brain.


Bathtub fun


No comments:

Post a Comment