There isn't anything specific that I wanted to write about, but along with a couple other things I wanted to put down a few of the funny things that Gabriel has said recently because I don't want to forget them. I can't believe that he's about to turn two. Wow.
 |
| Poor Loki. Just wants a bite. Gabriel really loves her. Although he picks up on how we talk to her sometimes. He often says "Loki STOP. She's naughty" or (on a nicer note) "Pet the Loki." He likes to "pet" all kinds of things, like our heads, arms, stache stache (Taylor's mustache), puddle duck (touch and feel book), etc. He says "pet the _____" and the proceeds to gently touch it. It's very cute. |
 |
| I found two of his dinosaurs in the dishwasher yesterday. In our bathroom I also found a flour sifter with Woody, Buzz, and Jessie inside. I never thought I'd be ok with such a clutter but what else can you do? |
The other day he picked up one of his diapers from Costco that has a tiger printed on it. I guess he thought that it looked like Gnocchi the cat from Curious George, because he said "Gnocchi Cat! So cute! Give her a kiss. And a hug." He then carried the diaper around hugging and kissing it and wanted me to do the same. He likes to hug and kiss so many random things (the animals in his books, his toys, Loki, his pillow case, and thankfully us too)
 |
| A boy in a box |
When he hears the train near our house he stops and almost whispers "Train? Hear it?"
He often says, in the high pitched voice, "What happened?" or "Oh no"
When he was at the Children's Museum with Taylor yesterday he found a play guitar and was fiddling with it saying "I play music"
 |
| Boy coloring his legs in a box |
 |
| Realizing that he can crawl into Loki's crate and then getting stuck (multiple times) |
 |
| Halloween. While he didn't have too much fun being at a crowded festival he liked the big slide and watched kids from church perform. |
We went to see a Hokie basketball game last week. Actually, we mostly just watched warm up and then about 15 minutes of the game. Gabriel mostly sat looking stunned, which was not surprising. There was a lot going on and he was taking it all in. He did, at one point, want to go and meet the mascot and "Give the birdie a high five." He did just that, but a moment after I think he realized how scary that huge bird is up close and he started crying. Overall I think he had fun, especially since he got popcorn.
Someone now sleeps without a side rail on his bed. I was more worried about the transition than I needed to be. He fell out once while napping (oops), but other than that not much has changed with his sleeping. He loves to be able to climb in and out and read books in bed. He loves putting his stuffed animals in and out too.
 |
| We picked out this bedding sure that he would love it. And while he certainly loves the pillow case (he likes to choose between sleeping on Rex and sleeping on Woody/Buzz on the other side), his first reaction was not what I expected. He examined it very closely and then said "where's Jessie?". He loves that cowgirl. All that's required to get him hyper and running laps through the house is to pick up Jessie and say "Yee-haw!" He has may times shouted "Jessie!!! I love you!!" |
 |
| So happy and wide awake in the morning (I can't say that I can relate to that) |
He still loves to play with his pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, and also some corn that we decorate with. We're trying to teach him how to "pretend eat" things and I think he's getting the hang of it. He also really likes pretending to cook and play with food. I've been saving random containers from stuff in the kitchen for that purpose. Maybe he can start making me meals soon. . .
 |
| Pretending to eat some corn. He often says "Corney! I love you!" I'm not sure if he's referring to corn or something else since he says it very randomly. . . |
 |
| Making pretend muffins |
 |
| Getting on the counter and trying to swipe food. I'm glad that he knows to push a chair up to the counter because he's thinking through steps to accomplish something, but this is not what I'd prefer. It least it only happened once. |
 |
| I'm really enjoying seeing him learn how to pretend. He was building with his blocks the other day and I asked him if he was making Monsters Inc for "Agee" (Mike W). He then kept building and said that "Agee" was going to work. |
 |
| Enjoying being outside a few weeks ago because it got SO COLD. I'm ready for spring |
 |
| Being silly |
No comments:
Post a Comment