Monday, May 4, 2015

Life is a tantrum

Being 2 years old is just tragic.  No one lets you do any of the things that you want - like climbing on the counters, beating a glass door with a plastic bat, eating Rice Krispie treats for breakfast, or letting you walk around in a dirty diaper.  No one will let you stay up all night watching movies or reading books.  It's not ok to hit the dog or throw things at her.  No one lets you walk in wet paint or go outside when it's cold with no shoes on.  When he's really mad that he can't do something specific or eat something specific he dramatically yells "I can't do ANYTHING!" or "I can't eat ANYTHING!" If we're holding his hand to walk in a parking lot and he doesn't like it he yells "You're hurting me!" Parents just don't let their kids do anything worth doing, which means that every 15 minutes (or so it seems to Mommy), there is cause for whining or a total meltdown.  This makes Mommy very tired and wish that pregnant people could drink all the caffeine that they'd like.  Oh, another great offense.  I was in the kitchen today making lunch and he stormed in and said "Mommy!  Stop cooking! Get out of the the kitchen!"  Quite the opposite of cute.

Ok, I've said what I needed to say.  Who would like to see a couple pictures and read some funny things that Gabriel has said lately?

As of last week Gabriel started frequently saying to his Daddy, "Hey! Taylor!"  He's stopped for the last few days.  It was hard not to laugh and encourage this as it was really random and funny.  Around the same time he started randomly calling me "Mama" sometimes.  I think it's kinda cute but I'm not sure where that came from either.  He usually uses it when he needs something ("Mama's going to read me this book?")

"Mom, just because I put on Daddy's shirt is no reason to take my picture.  Stop."
Pre-haircut

Serious boy during his haircut.  For the first time he insisted on sitting alone.  He walked back and climbed up in the chair.  When I asked if he wanted to sit in my lap he said "No, I do it myself."

Ahhh, much better

Playing "Cello Wars" at the Children's Museum

Quite the little fireman.  Another favorite thing lately is to shrug
his shoulders at something random and say "What????"

When he sees characters in books or on TV that he doesn't recognize
he often pauses and asks very seriously "Who's this little guy?"

Driving "Lightening McQueen" at the mall. 

Trying out the baby carrier

Learning how to take a selfie

One very cute thing that he's started doing is asking me to pick him up in a different way.  He for some reason doesn't just say "Pick me up."  He says "Mommy's gonna take care of me" and then proceeds to look up at me and wait for me to scoop him up.  It's really sweet.

And one more shot when we were playing around when we were home sick.  He has caught so many little viruses this winter and I'm ready for the snot, fevers, and vomiting to be over.  Now I think he just has allergies but enough already!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting all these . . . It is always fun to read your blog!! Love you! CR

    ReplyDelete