BOY! I think my first reaction was shock, follow by relief. I'm not sure where the relief came from, but I'm assuming it came from knowing, on some small level, what to do with a little boy and knowing that we don't need to buy lots of clothes or repaint the baby room/guest room (which currently has a blue accent wall). However, as it sinks in a little more I have mixed thoughts about it. I never saw myself as "boy mom" but I guess I never thought about it too much either way (boy mom/girl mom/both). At any rate now we will have a house full of boys, so Loki and I will have to band together. And Gabriel will get bunk beds when he ditches the baby furniture soon to pass down to his little brother.
Everything looked great on the ultrasound, but apparently he's measuring a little big so my due date may be off by a little bit (not that that particular date means much. He'll come when he's ready). He also would not stay in an ideal position for looking at everything so I'm going to have another ultrasound in about 3 weeks to get some better anatomy on the heart and lower spine. For most of the scan he had both legs up around his head and was peeking his mouth out between his knees making cute faces.
As far as I'm concerned I started feeling sick again this week. I am really hoping that it's just a little viral thing, but the fact that I wasn't hungry all week and the thought of just about anything makes me sick makes me wonder otherwise. I know some people are sick for the majority of their pregnancy, but maybe the fact that I feel better today means it was just an off week and I don't have 20 more weeks of this feeling to look forward to. Lastly (for anyone who gets grossed out stop reading) it seems that I developed a hernia at some point when I was pregnant or delivering Gabriel. I noticed it several weeks ago and went to the OB about it the next week. It's very small and will hopefully go away after this baby is born as well, but there is the possibility that it could get to be more of a problem over the next few months. They are just going to keep an eye on it. She told me not to lift anything heavy (but that since I'm used to lifting a 30 pound toddler not to stop doing that for now - thankfully), but no other heavy lifting or strenuous abdominal stuff. So, if you were going to ask me to help you come move in the next few months I have a good excuse to decline ;)
I am really starting to be able to feel little man kick around in there, especially in the evening before I go to bed. I guess he's a night owl already. Other than that everything is moving along fine!



No comments:
Post a Comment