Corban was a month old last week. Gabriel decided that to celebrate the occasion he would give him his first cold. So much fun to have a congested baby and a toddler with a snotty nose. He went for his wellness checkup last Wednesday and wow did that boy grow. He gained over 3 pounds in a month, weighing in at 9 lb 7 oz (36th percentile). He was 23 inches (90th percentile) and his head was 14.75 inches (30th percentile - he may have escaped having a huge head like his mom and brother). He has outgrown all of his newborn clothes and my favorite sleep sack is almost too small for the fact that his legs are too long for it. He's starting to make a few cute little baby noises and loves to look out the windows. Last night he slept for 6 hours straight! That's the first time he's gone more than a 4 hour stretch but I'll take it! At night he normally has been waking up to eat every few hours and going back to sleep fairly easily unless he's gassy or congested.
Corban doesn't tend to cry much unless he's tired, and then he can really make some noise. It's a little frustrating actually. He will seem perfectly content and then suddenly he's thrashing his head from side to side, chewing his hands, and melting down from being exhausted. He rarely yawns to give any warning that he's tiring out. He's fine and then suddenly he's not. I'm still trying to figure out his language. Maybe it will be clearer in the coming weeks.
Since there are too many pictures to choose from I'll just put a bunch on here:
 |
| Love the pillow my cousin made for him |
 |
| It's hard to get a picture without Gabriel there. Every time Corban isn't eating or sleeping he wants to be with him. He calls him "My Corban". He also tries to use him as an excuse for anything he doesn't feel like doing. Example: If you tell him that it's time to use the potty or take a nap or put his shoes on he will say "No! I love my Corban!" Nice try, but you can love him AND use the bathroom. Gabriel also is still learning to give him space. He always wants his face right up next to his. Corban actually moves his head away, which I find really funny. |
 |
| He likes to stare at this monkey more than anything else (besides out the window that is) |

Having a baby and a toddler is a little exhausting. If I want Gabriel to get out of the house in the morning that seems to mean that Corban is going to sleep a lot in the morning (since he's in his carseat). This means that when we get home and it's time for Gabriel to nap Corban wakes up a little more. I like having some time when Gabriel is sleeping to interact with Corban in a calmer environment, but I also really want them both to nap at the same time. It also seems that Corban tends to cry a lot when it's time to be putting Gabriel down for his nap or bed. This upsets Gabriel because he wants his snuggle time with stories and songs without a baby crying in the background. Also, Gabriel is still pushing the limits and having more meltdowns. I think that it's a combination of his age, the changes going on, and also my expectations of him now. I think that I have less patience for his whining or not listening the first time I ask him to do things because I have more things to think about. I probably should have been more consistent in my expectations of him before Corban came and I'm noticing things more now because my patience is a little thin.

 |
| Sleepy grin |
 |
| Tummy Time |
 |
| Crazy hair (and especially long in the back) |
Met some cool and important people:
As far as just Gabriel is concerned:
 |
| Gabriel has now reached the phase where when he's doing something that he thinks is great he says over and over "Mommy (or Daddy) watch this!" I love it that he wants to show us when he's proud of himself. On a separate note he also thinks that if he says something that he wants that it will happen. Examples: The other day at breakfast he said "I'm going to eat three bites of yogurt and then I'm going to have a cookie." Another time he said "When I wake up from my nap we're going to watch a show." If we do happen to watch a show when he knows it's almost done he'll say "After this is done we're going to watch ONE MORE show." Silly kid. |
 |
| Gabriel went to his first volleyball game. His most memorable parts were when the horn blew after a time out and the popcorn he got to eat. I suppose that it was also Corbans first volleyball game, but considering that he slept through the entire thing I'm not sure if that counts or not. |
 |
| Gabriel has started going to Mother's Morning Out one day a week. I wasn't sure how that would go, but he loves it. He likes the playground there and is so proud of the artwork that he makes each week. He wants all of them up on the refrigerator. |
 |
| Gabriel decided the other day that Mickey needed to take a nap in the swing. He tucked him in, got him a bottle and a toy, and then sang him a song. So sweet. |
 |
| I had Gabriel "babysit" a couple times, which he took very seriously. When I had to vacuum I asked him to read to Corban and he did just that. Sat and read him the same book over and over again. What a helper |
 |
| Making a volcano with Aunt Katie |
 |
| I didn't intend to have them in almost matching outfits, but when they both have to change their clothes at least once a day due to poop related issues it sometimes happens |
That's all for now. They are both actually sleeping right now. It occasionally happens ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment